- Buy-in of the value of sUAS Technology by Company Leader(s)
- Determine how UAVs will be integrated into your company’s daily missions
- Selection of appropriate sUAS platform based on needs assessment
- Careful selection of sUAS pilots
- DSI has learned from experience that this is a critical step. We have found that some personnel express great initial interest in being a sUAS pilot, but are not willing to maintain the rigors of training, study and adherence to complex FAA rules that accompany flying a sUAS
5. Conduct regular, reality-based and recurrency flight training
6. Open and transparent reporting of UAS Missions to local community (i.e. Annual Report, regular press releases on successful UAS operations)
Choosing a UAS Training Company
- Do they offer a complete, turnkey solution or are you going to piecemeal your UAS purchase and training needs from multiple vendors?
- Can this company also assist you in determining the appropriate UAS platform based on your mission, needs and budget?
- Can they assist you with ongoing maintenance and repair of your UAS?
- Do they understand the needs of your company
- Any 18 yr. old can teach you how to fly a sUAS, but does he know anything about your business processes or procedures
- Are they local?
- How does hiring someone from out of state or paying to send your personnel out of state for training help your agency and budget in the future?
- Can they be on-site within an hour?
- Are they responsive to your needs? Will they return phone calls after the big purchase?
Or will you never hear from them after they have received your money?
- Will they bill you for every minute of their time when responding to inquiries?
- Can they assist you with policy/procedures development?
- Do they understand the complexities of U.S. Airspace and FAA Regulations?
- Are they pilots?
- Can they assist you with obtaining Certificates of Authorization (COA) from the FAA?
- Can they provide more than basic FAA Part 107 training? Such as:
- Night Flying
- Search and Rescue
- Sources of sUAS Interference
- Augmented Reality for UAS
- DJI Matrice 200 Series training
Please contact Rick Ricks (281) 543-9576 or Jeff Yuna (713) 726-6000 to assist you with starting a Flagship Drone Program